He said the problem with both posts is that I didn’t give a list of the books I owned.
I hoped that Audible had some way of sharing this publicly, but they didn’t. I did some copy/paste/edit work and sent him a list of all the titles I had purchased on Audible the past few years.
Now that I have a bit more time, Here is the list along with a quick blurb for each. If there is a particular book you would like an in-depth review on, let me know with a note in the comments.
My most recent orders are listed at the top.
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t Jim Collins 10 hrs and 1 min 06-29-13: I purchased this after listening to High Performance Achievement. Still listening to it. What I find most fascinating is the time and work that went into creating this book.
- Platform (Unabridged) Michael Hyatt 5 hrs and 13 mins 06-18-13: Purchased after reading a Jon Acuff tweet. Excellent book. This is what prompted me to get started on this blog.
- Start (Unabridged) Jon Acuff 6 hrs and 3 mins 05-16-13
- When the Body Says No: Exploring the Stress-Disease Connection Gabor Maté 13 hrs and 17 mins 05-16-13: I haven’t finished this yet. This was on the recommended reading list while looking at Amazon book reviews of The Mindbody Prescription.
- Start with Why (Unabridged) Simon Sinek 7 hrs and 11 mins 05-16-13
- Zig Ziglar’s Leadership & Success Series (Unabridged) Made for Success, Zig Ziglar 7 hrs and 30 mins 02-23-13: I don’t think I ever finished this one.
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind T. Harv Eker 3 hrs and 19 mins 02-01-13: When I worked at SendOutCards, T. Harv Eker spoke at one of our yearly conferences. I listened to the audio book back then and felt like it was a big infomercial for his seminar. Recently a friend recommended it and I listened to it more closely and got a lot more out of it.
- 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess Jen Hatmaker 9 hrs and 55 mins 12-12-12: I purchased this after listening to a YNAB podcast where Jesse Mecham talked about how he had made a number of changes after reading this book. I couldn’t get past the first two chapters.
- Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela Nelson Mandela 27 hrs and 43 mins 10-11-12: Having served an LDS mission while Nelson Mandela was the president, I find this book fascinating. Its very long though. I still haven’t finished it.
- Healing Back Pain John E. Sarno, M.D. 3 hrs and 23 mins 09-28-12: I bought this mainly because I got so much out of The Mindbody Prescription. Its not really needed as it repeats the same principles in less depth.
- The Mindbody Prescription (Unabridged) John E. Sarno, M.D. 7 hrs and 9 mins 09-24-12: Simply put, this book changed my life.
- 48 Days to the Work You Love (Unabridged) Dan Miller 6 hrs and 4 mins 08-14-12: This is on Dave Ramsey’s book list. I read this mainly to help a neighbor who was struggling to find employment.
- Les Misérables: Translated by Julie Rose Victor Hugo, Julie Rose (translator) 60 hrs and 31 mins 06-02-12: When I heard the movie of the musical was coming out I purchased this to understand the whole story. I have to admit, the whole story is far too long! Go with a condensed version, or just watch the movie.
- The $100 Startup (Unabridged) Chris Guillebeau 8 hrs and 14 mins 05-14-12: I purchased this because my friend, Brandon Pearce was featured in the book. I wasn’t very impressed though. I watched and even helped Brandon at times. He put far more work into his business to get it where it is at today that the book leads you to believe.
- The Gifts of Imperfection (Unabridged) Brene Brown 4 hrs and 42 mins 02-07-12: I haven’t actually listened to this. This was my wife’s request for a book club she was in at the time.
- Psycho-Cybernetics: Updated and Revised Maxwell Maltz, Dan Kennedy 11 hrs and 42 mins 01-13-12
- No Excuses! (Unabridged) Brian Tracy 6 hrs and 56 mins 01-13-12: I bought this because it was an Audible recommendation because of past purchases. It turned out to be one of my favorites. Well done Audible.
- The Hunger Games Suzanne Collins 11 hrs and 14 mins 01-13-12: I bought this when the trailer for the movie was released. I was intrigued. The books were great.
- Catching Fire: Hunger Games, Book 2 Suzanne Collins 11 hrs and 41 mins 01-13-12
- The Lean Startup (Unabridged) Eric Ries 8 hrs and 43 mins 01-11-12
- The Thank You Economy (Unabridged) Gary Vaynerchuk 5 hrs and 41 mins 12-12-11
- Talent Is Overrated (Unabridged) Geoff Colvin 7 hrs and 30 mins 11-02-11
- Entreleadership Dave Ramsey 6 hrs and 15 mins 09-20-11
- The 4-Hour Body Timothy Ferris 3 hrs and 53 mins 07-26-11: I purchased this because I was a fan of 4-Hour workweek. I was curious more than anything. I didn’t do much with it when I first listened. I’ve since listened to it a few times recently as I’ve been working on losing weight. I’ve lost about 14 lbs in the past month on the slow carb diet.
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters (Unabridged) Meg Meeker 9 hrs and 2 mins 07-26-11: This was on Dave Ramsey’s recommended reading. I figured it was worth a read since I have a daughter. Frankly, this book kind of put a scare in me.
- Boundaries Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend 11 hrs and 3 mins 07-26-11
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated) Timothy Ferriss 13 hrs and 4 mins 02-10-11
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change Stephen R. Covey 13 hrs and 7 mins 02-10-11
- The Power of Who (Unabridged) Bob Beaudine 5 hrs and 3 mins 02-10-11: This was on Dave Ramsey’s recommended reading list. I had no idea when I purchased it that it was about employment. At the time I didn’t feel I needed it. But it was interesting to see how the principles in this book played out as I found new employment shortly after listening to it.
- The E-Myth Revisited (Unabridged) Michael E. Gerber 8 hrs and 5 mins 02-10-11: This is a great book I would recommend to any small business owner, or anyone thinking of starting a business.
- QBQ! The Question Behind the Question (Unabridged) John G. Miller 1 hr and 11 mins 02-10-11
- How to Win Friends & Influence People (Unabridged) Dale Carnegie 7 hrs and 19 mins 02-10-11
- How to Stay Motivated: The Goals Program (Unabridged) Zig Ziglar 5 hrs and 44 mins 11-04-10
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? Seth Godin 8 hrs and 27 mins 11-04-10: This book was a life changer for me. It made me much more motivated and productive at work. My income has reflected the changes I made as well. This is more for the non-business owners. It’s quite a contrast to E-myth. Seth Godin actually quotes and mocks E-myth in this book.
- How to Stay Motivated: Developing the Qualities of Success (Unabridged) Zig Ziglar 7 hrs and 48 mins 06-21-10: Love Zig!