My Audible Library
I had a friend send me an instant message at work last week. He said he just joined Audible because of one of my previous posts, then he saw my post from last Wednesday.
He said the problem with both posts is that I didn’t give a list of the books I owned.
I hoped that Audible had some way of sharing this publicly, but they didn’t. I did some copy/paste/edit work and sent him a list of all the titles I had purchased on Audible the past few years.
Now that I have a bit more time, Here is the list along with a quick blurb for each. If there is a particular book you would like an in-depth review on, let me know with a note in the comments.
My most recent orders are listed at the top.
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t Jim Collins 10 hrs and 1 min 06-29-13: I purchased this after listening to High Performance Achievement. Still listening to it. What I find most fascinating is the time and work that went into creating this book.
- Platform (Unabridged) Michael Hyatt 5 hrs and 13 mins 06-18-13: Purchased after reading a Jon Acuff tweet. Excellent book. This is what prompted me to get started on this blog.
- Start (Unabridged) Jon Acuff 6 hrs and 3 mins 05-16-13
- When the Body Says No: Exploring the Stress-Disease Connection Gabor Maté 13 hrs and 17 mins 05-16-13: I haven’t finished this yet. This was on the recommended reading list while looking at Amazon book reviews of The Mindbody Prescription.
- Start with Why (Unabridged) Simon Sinek 7 hrs and 11 mins 05-16-13
- Zig Ziglar’s Leadership & Success Series (Unabridged) Made for Success, Zig Ziglar 7 hrs and 30 mins 02-23-13: I don’t think I ever finished this one.
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind T. Harv Eker 3 hrs and 19 mins 02-01-13: When I worked at SendOutCards, T. Harv Eker spoke at one of our yearly conferences. I listened to the audio book back then and felt like it was a big infomercial for his seminar. Recently a friend recommended it and I listened to it more closely and got a lot more out of it.
- 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess Jen Hatmaker 9 hrs and 55 mins 12-12-12: I purchased this after listening to a YNAB podcast where Jesse Mecham talked about how he had made a number of changes after reading this book. I couldn’t get past the first two chapters.
- Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela Nelson Mandela 27 hrs and 43 mins 10-11-12: Having served an LDS mission while Nelson Mandela was the president, I find this book fascinating. Its very long though. I still haven’t finished it.
- Healing Back Pain John E. Sarno, M.D. 3 hrs and 23 mins 09-28-12: I bought this mainly because I got so much out of The Mindbody Prescription. Its not really needed as it repeats the same principles in less depth.
- The Mindbody Prescription (Unabridged) John E. Sarno, M.D. 7 hrs and 9 mins 09-24-12: Simply put, this book changed my life.
- 48 Days to the Work You Love (Unabridged) Dan Miller 6 hrs and 4 mins 08-14-12: This is on Dave Ramsey’s book list. I read this mainly to help a neighbor who was struggling to find employment.
- Les Misérables: Translated by Julie Rose Victor Hugo, Julie Rose (translator) 60 hrs and 31 mins 06-02-12: When I heard the movie of the musical was coming out I purchased this to understand the whole story. I have to admit, the whole story is far too long! Go with a condensed version, or just watch the movie.
- The $100 Startup (Unabridged) Chris Guillebeau 8 hrs and 14 mins 05-14-12: I purchased this because my friend, Brandon Pearce was featured in the book. I wasn’t very impressed though. I watched and even helped Brandon at times. He put far more work into his business to get it where it is at today that the book leads you to believe.
- The Gifts of Imperfection (Unabridged) Brene Brown 4 hrs and 42 mins 02-07-12: I haven’t actually listened to this. This was my wife’s request for a book club she was in at the time.
- Psycho-Cybernetics: Updated and Revised Maxwell Maltz, Dan Kennedy 11 hrs and 42 mins 01-13-12
- No Excuses! (Unabridged) Brian Tracy 6 hrs and 56 mins 01-13-12: I bought this because it was an Audible recommendation because of past purchases. It turned out to be one of my favorites. Well done Audible.
- The Hunger Games Suzanne Collins 11 hrs and 14 mins 01-13-12: I bought this when the trailer for the movie was released. I was intrigued. The books were great.
- Catching Fire: Hunger Games, Book 2 Suzanne Collins 11 hrs and 41 mins 01-13-12
- The Lean Startup (Unabridged) Eric Ries 8 hrs and 43 mins 01-11-12
- The Thank You Economy (Unabridged) Gary Vaynerchuk 5 hrs and 41 mins 12-12-11
- Talent Is Overrated (Unabridged) Geoff Colvin 7 hrs and 30 mins 11-02-11
- Entreleadership Dave Ramsey 6 hrs and 15 mins 09-20-11
- The 4-Hour Body Timothy Ferris 3 hrs and 53 mins 07-26-11: I purchased this because I was a fan of 4-Hour workweek. I was curious more than anything. I didn’t do much with it when I first listened. I’ve since listened to it a few times recently as I’ve been working on losing weight. I’ve lost about 14 lbs in the past month on the slow carb diet.
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters (Unabridged) Meg Meeker 9 hrs and 2 mins 07-26-11: This was on Dave Ramsey’s recommended reading. I figured it was worth a read since I have a daughter. Frankly, this book kind of put a scare in me.
- Boundaries Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend 11 hrs and 3 mins 07-26-11
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated) Timothy Ferriss 13 hrs and 4 mins 02-10-11
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change Stephen R. Covey 13 hrs and 7 mins 02-10-11
- The Power of Who (Unabridged) Bob Beaudine 5 hrs and 3 mins 02-10-11: This was on Dave Ramsey’s recommended reading list. I had no idea when I purchased it that it was about employment. At the time I didn’t feel I needed it. But it was interesting to see how the principles in this book played out as I found new employment shortly after listening to it.
- The E-Myth Revisited (Unabridged) Michael E. Gerber 8 hrs and 5 mins 02-10-11: This is a great book I would recommend to any small business owner, or anyone thinking of starting a business.
- QBQ! The Question Behind the Question (Unabridged) John G. Miller 1 hr and 11 mins 02-10-11
- How to Win Friends & Influence People (Unabridged) Dale Carnegie 7 hrs and 19 mins 02-10-11
- How to Stay Motivated: The Goals Program (Unabridged) Zig Ziglar 5 hrs and 44 mins 11-04-10
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? Seth Godin 8 hrs and 27 mins 11-04-10: This book was a life changer for me. It made me much more motivated and productive at work. My income has reflected the changes I made as well. This is more for the non-business owners. It’s quite a contrast to E-myth. Seth Godin actually quotes and mocks E-myth in this book.
- How to Stay Motivated: Developing the Qualities of Success (Unabridged) Zig Ziglar 7 hrs and 48 mins 06-21-10: Love Zig!